Welcome back to a new school year! As the school year picks up and workloads increase, you will undoubtedly be spending more time studying. Long hours of studying are mentally exhausting but can also lead to unhealthy snacking. To maintain a healthy mind and body, we’ve compiled a list of five smart snacks to keep you energized as you hit the books:
– Nuts: Try 15-20 (a large handful) of cashews, walnuts, peanuts, and almonds. Nuts are full of protein, naturally filling, and easy to take to your favorite study spot.
– Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower seeds are packed with healthy fats, proteins, fibers, minerals, and vitamin E.
– Veggies- Snacking on baby carrots, broccoli, sliced peppers, or any other of your favorite veggies are a great way to stock up on vitamins and minerals as well as fiber.
– Yogurt- Instead of reaching for the ice cream, try fat free yogurt or Greek yogurt. Yogurt is full of protein and a great source of calcium.
– Whole Grain Cereal- Cereals are filled with nutrients and fiber. When paired with some skim milk, this snack is also a great source of calcium and protein.